WHAT IS LIFT?
LIFT – Leading Impact for Transformation is Mensch’s leadership programme carefully curated with you, the Jewish social change-maker, in mind. A highly focused experience run online and in-person, bringing together people from all over South Africa.
When developing this programme we asked members of this network about the challenges you face as a change-leader; what leadership and management ‘muscles’ you need to strengthen; and what you feel is holding you back. Then we designed the experience to answer those needs.
We will be focusing on Leading Self, Leading Others, and Leading Change, with both a leadership and management lens. This will include (but is not limited to!):
• Insightful personal assessment to deepen our self knowledge
• Leadership exercises and tools to sharpen our skillset
• Management training with experts in their fields
• Strategic problem solving process geared to answer your most pressing leadership and/or management challenge. This includes access to a coach or mentor suited specifically to your sector or challenge.
programme overview & dates
LIFT will run from Sunday 10 September – 24 October 2023.
Wed 6 Sept (6 – 8pm): Meet your cohort, programme review
- 1-Day in-person workshop run in CT and JHB
Sun 10 Sept (9am-5pm) Leading Strategically Strategic purpose, business plan, goal-setting & measurement
- Online and in-person leadership and management training sessions
Tue 12 Sept (6-8pm): Leading Self: (Re)defining our values, talents and barriers [online]
Wed 20 Sept (6-8pm): Management Skill Training: Fundraising [online]
Wed 27 Sept (6-8pm): Leading Others: How best to inspire and empower others [online]
Tue 3 Oct (6-8pm): Management Skill Training: Financial Management [online]
Thu 12 Oct (6-8pm): Management Skill Training: Monitoring and Evaluation [online] Sun 15 (9am-1pm) OR Wed 18 Oct (9am-1pm): Leading Change:
Deep immersion into the world of an impactful change maker [in-person] [Time depending on cohort and speakers availability]
- Retreat at Bodhi Khaya
Sun 22-Tue 24 Oct: Leading together & Self-care:
Networking, collaboration, Jewish social change movement-building, and self-care.
Sept-Dec: Opportunity to develop self personally and professionally (4 x 30 min sessions per person on request)
*More information on the coaching on offer will be shared with you in the introduction session
who should apply? what does it cost?
You should apply if you are a person who:
• Identifies as Jewish, and
• works or volunteers extensively to bring about positive social change in South African disadvantaged communities. This could be via social development, social entrepreneurship, the private or public sector.
This HIGHLY subsidised programme is our communities investment in you as a Jewish social change leader. If accepted you are required to participate fully in all parts of the programme and become an active member of the Mensch Network and LIFT alumni community. The all inclusive cost of the programme is just R1800. Payment options are available, so this shouldn’t be a barrier to you applying. Please reach out to discuss with us.